I don't know who the person walking on the beach is, but the sun came out on Sunday, and therefore there was a sunset (that we could see...or be blinded by as the case may be). Notice the sun is setting over the trees...I was looking in the wrong spot on Saturday for the setting sun, but the fog was so thick, I couldn't tell.
Actually, the sun was also out on Friday, but Denise's ankle was sore from her fall into the ocean, so we stayed at home so she could keep her foot up (which is now fully healed).
By the way, Sunday's high temperature (which was the hottest day of the week we were there) was about 70º. sigh. It was so nice.
As wonderful as the sun and temperature were, there was something even better.
Backtrack: Last August when Glen and I were in Brookings with our kids, I was surprised to see someone from my BYU ward my junior and senior years...Alan Brown and his family. His wife, Michelene was my sister's roommate that last year and is one of the ones who put on a little wedding reception for Deni and Pat (who married the day after we graduated). Anyway, the Browns were there on vacation, visiting from Utah.
This past week I wondered about the Browns...and there they were in Church on Sunday! So this time Deni and Michelene got to talk and Deni got filled in on what happened to some of the people they knew. Unfortunately it was the one place I didn't bring my camera this week, so no pictures. But it was so cool.
Super fun catching up on your vacation! I love your dad's blog. He has some fabulous photos!
ReplyDelete