Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lake Almanor


On our first morning at Lake Almanor, Glen and I took a walk, and this is part of the scenery...don't know who the fishermen are, but I thought they made a nice picture

It was the 14th annual Perazzo Clan vacation last week. We had our first clan vacation back in 1995. Last year was the only year we didn't have one due to the adults going on a cruise to celebrate my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary.

The first 6 years we went to Donner Lake. Since 2001 we've been to Lake Almanor (at Camp Conery, south end of the lake) 7 times and to Camp Little Bear (or whatever it was called!) in Paradise, Utah once.

The weather was wacky...hot the first few afternoons, pretty chilly the next few, and it rained on us (when we left the forecast said 0% chance of rain for the entire week). But it was wonderful!

My mother came up on Monday and left on Thursday. I think she had a really good time. We even had her play in our pinochle tournaments. Couldn't get her to play volleyball or square dance with us, however--but she enjoyed watching! Thanks for coming, mom!

I was in charge of lunch on Sunday (sandwiches) and then all the meals on Monday (cold cereal and bisquick coffee cake for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, and Hawaiian haystacks for dinner--my menu never varies much).

We had some wonderful meals that week. Jackie made chicken, black beans and rice tacos with a delicious cilantro sauce. I will post the recipe when I get it from her. We also were served sweet and sour spare ribs, lasagna, chicken, and ham on other nights. Simply divine.

So, now for the best part: pictures.

Saw this bird (eagle? hawk?) while on a walk with Glen

Niece Amanda giving us a "Stomp" style performance
My mom and me (our cabin is in the background)


On square dancing night, there was also some "limboing" going on...some (Alex) had it easier than others (I had it pretty easy as I didn't even try)


Eric, Ryan, Hannah, me, Alex (with Caramel Cracker Jacks), and Glen in front of our cabin the morning we left

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had some fun!

    BTW, that is a red-tailed hawk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claudia! That's good to know.

    ReplyDelete