Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Andrew called

We knew Andrew was leaving the MTC at 4 this morning and that his plane took off at 7:40, so we kind of guessed if he called us from Salt Lake it would be early. It was. The call came in at 5:15. We talked for about 10 minutes.

I asked if he were excited. He said, "Umm, yes." I asked why he hestitated. He said it was because he was more nervous and scared than excited. I wonder if he's feeling better now that he's in Iowa? Depending on where his first area is, tomorrow he could be going to South Dakota, Nebraska, or Illinois.

Just yesterday he bumped into Jared, another good friend from BYU (he's bumped into a lot). For those of you who know Aaron Vincent, Andrew bumped into him last week.

Due to the Provo temple being closed for cleaning for part of his stay in the MTC, he only got to attend one session there. I'm so glad he got in...I think it was 8 sessions here before he went. Don't know when he'll be able to go again. There are no temples in the mission's boundaries. But, depending on where you are serving, you might get to attend the Winter Quarters, Nebraska temple or the Nauvoo, Illinois temple. Pretty darn exciting.

He emailed us once and wrote us twice while he was in the MTC. It's his next letter that I'm really looking forward to. Can't wait to hear all his news...

2 comments:

  1. That is exciting, and scary. He will be a great missionary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terra. I think so too, of course.

    ReplyDelete