Thursday, July 1, 2010

a small blessing and some fun

1-Last fall our fridge was acting up, so we bought a new one, but decided to keep the old one for as long as it lived. It passed away on Tuesday. I cannot tell you how much I loved having a 2nd fridge...especially since I grocery shop once a month in Reno and try and get everything I can so I don't have to shop in Fallon. We are going to look for a cheap, second hand fridge now.

So, the small blessing...I quickly noticed it had died so nothing was ruined. Also, we hardly had anything in the old fridge, so when we had to cram everything into our chest freezer and new fridge just about everything fit. What didn't fit was a few loaves of bread, 2 packages of bagels, and a few English muffins. So, we are currently eating a high bread diet and in the end might only wind up having to throw out a few dollars worth of bread.

2-Glen and I went to the temple today and when I went to the office I noticed on the counter a name card with familiar French Canadian last names on it (my mom's side of the family)...so I checked out the birth location and it was the same county (Monroe county, Michigan) but different town--just 5 miles away-- than where my mom's family is from. I flipped through a few more cards and recognized a few more names.

When Glen came out I mentioned this to him, so he went back into the men's locker room and brought out the man who had brought those temple cards--Brother Corier from Washington. Met his wife too.

So, we are positive there is some connection between us, but we don't know what that connection is.

That was just pure fun...

1 comment:

  1. Very cool--okay so the frig isn't cool anymore but finding distant relatives/friends--that's cool!

    ReplyDelete