So, we all went yard saling today (and had a blast)...and Alex was just a teeny bit ahead of me and I heard a lady say to him that he needed to check with his grandma first. Then she paused and said, "Or your mother. You never know these days."
Her first impression was that I was Alex's grandmother.
I guess, since I had him at the age of 38 I am old enough to be his grandmother. If I had had a child at age 19 and that child had had a child at the age of 19...
And since I stopped dying my hair last summer, it definitely has a lot of grey in it.
But really. I was surprised to be taken for his grandma. Not enough to start dying my hair again, though.
Good finds for me today today: 37 manila folders for 25¢, a Taste of Home The Garden Fresh Cookbook for 75¢, and a quart-sized yogurt maker for $2.
Fun day.
I'm a yard saler too! We were very late getting out this morning though (10:30) and it was already so bloody hot. Austin was the only won who found anything. His finds were a bag of Legos for $1 and a Disney Sorry board game for $1. We are on a search for Lego's so if you're out and about and see some, call me!
ReplyDeleteSorry you were mistaken as Alex's G-ma!
Will do.
ReplyDeleteOUCH! I don't think you look like a grandma -- why aren't you dying your hair anymore?
ReplyDeleteYou do not look like his Grandma. Although the hair may be a little gray, she didn't look at your face...you have beautiful flawless, wrinkle free skin. (covet, covet) we missed you on Friday.
ReplyDeleteWe LOVE garage sales...heading out this weekend with the kids...might see you around! :-)
ReplyDelete