Sunday, July 4, 2010

the 4th on the 3rd

Yesterday was the annual 4th of July party. Lots of food, fun, family, and then a firebowl program. We had more far-flung family come this year than usual to help us celebrate the birthday of our great country. How wonderful it was to gather and share time with these people we love and sometimes seldom see (boy, I'm into alliteration today, aren't I?).

Our niece Jessica and her family traveled the farthest to attend. Here she is with her husband Nathan and their 2 boys Thomas and Brendan.










Sunset progressing

















Singing the National Anthem...of course Hannah is covering her face...

Kenny, Joseph, Hannah, Lillie, Alicia, Sarah, Becky, and Eric








Skit time...Ryan, Alex, Michael and Joseph doing the 2 suckers on the end of a stick candy shop skit.











Dad P. and Corinne singing "I'm a Little Teapot" in order to reclaim their lost items from Jacob.











Ryan and Michael retiring a worn-out American flag.












It was a full day...I guess I was too busy visiting and playing games earlier in the day to get any photos of anyone, but did take the chance to get photos at the firebowl. We had skits, sang patriotic songs, recognized our vets, and retired 2 flags. We also fed some mosquitoes.

Great day. Thanks everyone for all you did to make it so memorable...especially Mom and Dad P.

God bless America!

1 comment: