We just spent at week visiting my parents at the cool foggy Oregon coast. Since I'm not ready to sort through the photos, I'm not ready to blog about our vacation. This post will be about Hannah.
Hannah has decided that she wants to be on the high school's tennis team. Don't think she had ever even played before, but her good friend was joining, so Hannah did too. We're excited for her.
While in Oregon we picked up a nice racket at a thrift store. Got her a pair of sneakers and a water bottle at a yard sale. So, she's set. She's already been practicing the last few weeks.
In order to play sports, she needed a doctor's OK, so I took her on Wednesday. We learned she has mild scoliosis (my sister has that) and the doctor will keep an eye on that as Hannah grows. We also learned that she might have some hearing loss in her right ear. We will go to a specialist to have that tested further. We're hoping, of course, that it's just ocean water and pressure changes from the car trip on Tuesday and that the effect is temporary.
Besides totally de-junking her room (you should have seen the piles of stuff that were taken to the thrift store!), Hannah has been repainting her room this summer and that includes her door. She had the idea to write quotes on her door...
Kind of cute. I haven't had a chance to read them all yet, but I particularly like the quote, "There is no delight in owning anything unshared." I'll have to add that to my blog quotes.
Beth the sports Mom! Welcome.
ReplyDeleteShe's so clever--I always get a kick out of her. (N8's taking "Racket Sports" for P.E.--never done it before, but it sounds fun. Maybe he can teach me.)
ReplyDeleteTell Hannah if she ever wants a million balls to come at her at once (OK maybe 6) my boyz will happily stand in one court and hit them to her! The twins have trouble getting them over, but we can guarantee that they will never be in the same place twice! We LOVE tennis!
ReplyDelete