First off, Happy Birthday Yesterday Jackie! Your non-birthday party tonight should be fun.
Busy/boring day yesterday. Proctored the AP English Lit and Composition Test. I'm not supposed to read, but Glen thought it would be OK if I worked on memorization. So I brushed up on my 13 Articles of Faith and some Spanish words. I think I'll go for "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" during today's US History test. Might just doodle.
Anyway, Eric had his final for his community college anthropology class. He came out chuckling. He was bluffing his way through the extra credit question, but he thinks he did OK on the rest of the test. I'm just glad I won't have to shuttle him back and forth twice a week anymore. Well, not until he starts classes in the fall.
The Nevada State Supreme Court was in Glen's theatre yesterday. Since yesterday was also opening night for his new play "Exit the Body" that meant Glen had to dismantle the entire set to clear off the stage...then put it up again after school to be ready for opening night. Once again, Glen wasn't sure if the students would be able to pull it all together, but they did. I'll be going on Saturday night.
In today's school announcements it says:
The Justices complimented CCHS, saying that we had a great school and that the questions students asked were the most thoughtful and intelligent questions they had encountered in the high schools they have visited. Special thanks to Mr. Perazzo, ... Sarah Jamieson, and everyone else that helped in setting up and cleaning up the theater.
Ryan had his penultimate (second-to-last...I can't remember if it was in my blog or just in Andrew's emails that we discussed that word...) swim practice. His final meet is this Saturday in Carson. I'm so glad he's been participating in swimming.
Hannah went to the worm barn. Don't know if she stapled boxes, filled the cups with dirt, or counted the worms or all of the above.
Alex played with cousins.
Besides AP testing, chauffeuring the kids around, and not putting out any effort to make dinner, I listened to the School Board Meeting on my computer. I had gone to the meeting at Numa on Wednesday so I had had enough live drama for one week. I hope that things get settled soon. Will Alex stay at Numa? Will his cousins join him there? Will we switch him to EC Best? Don't know yet. I just hope everyone calms down and the best answer can be implimented.
I also created a new blog last night. This blog (treadingwater) is mainly for me to let my mom and sister (and anyone else who cares to take the energy to read it) know what is going on with my family.
My new blog (my pensieve) is really mainly for me. I plan on posting about things I am currently learning...and the topic for right now is politics. Though come Ed Week in August I'm sure it'll be full of whatever I did there. I debated even mentioning that I had another blog, but then I thought there might be someone else interested in some of the things I am. So even though it is for me that I'm writing my second blog, I'm not opposed to others reading it.
http://mypensieve-beth.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment