Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Glen's birthday and an Evening of Improv and Jacob

Yes, we are resetting Glen's "clock" and he's starting back at one...actually I'm just too lazy and cheap to put 47 candles on his cake.  Happy Birthday Glen!

Night of Improv tonight was fun. And you all missed it. You're not going to believe it, but I was actually on stage. And it's true, with the bright lights, you can't see the audience so you can almost forget that they're there and that you might be making a complete fool of yourself. I almost refused to participate when asked, but I'm not always a party pooper (usually, but not always).

I got to do sound effects for a skit that Eric was in. He was SO funny. There was another student in the scene with Eric and a student helping me with sound effects. The scenario was a plane that was crashing. Eric got his legs eaten off by pirahnas (I smacked my lips) and blood was gushing out (glub, glub) and then when he was paddling (splash, splash), he lost his arms, too. RIP Eric.

Thought he was brilliant (channelling Harry Potter there...there was another improv scene where Eric turned it into Draco and Harry dueling...quite good. Happy Christmas.). Another scene he turned into an exercise routine. "Feel the burn, girls!" he said to the 2 girls dancing on the stage with him. He really is good at improvising.

Alicia and Michael (along with other drama students, of course) also participated. Michael did not get picked on the Dating Game show. Perhaps his referencing his pig in the mud and his love of tractors had something to do with it. Alicia was quite funny in the standing, leaning, sitting game. She really knows how to throw herself on the floor. It really was fun.

My nephew Jacob is now recouperating as his grandma's house. If you wish to send him a get-well card, the address is:


465 East 460 North
Mapleton UT 84664

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Glen--still a youngster!
    Man, I would have loved to see your improv!!!

    ReplyDelete