Monday, January 11, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

We had a nice Christmas. No one really got anything big, and it's actually some of the littlest pleasures that seemed to make me feel happy. First off is a toothpaste lid that Santa gave to Alex. I smile every time I see it on the counter:



You take his paw away from his mouth to squeeze the toothpaste out.

Next is a gift from a friend that I stamp with. She crocheted a lap blanket for each member of our stamping group. I love the colors and am just thrilled.





Next, my parents gave Ryan a quesadilla maker. Big hit. Downside--we're going through cheese way too fast.


 Next we have a gift that I gave my father...and then was surprised by how much I liked it, so went out a bought a copy of my own. It's Susan Boyle's CD. I just love her voice. See my playlist and my favorite youtube videos list to listen to her sing "I Dreamed a Dream."



And lastly, for $10 I bought a new advent calendar after Christmas at Winco. It's not as pretty as the $200 one I saw while visiting my mom in July, but it'll do. Now I just need to find things to put into the drawers for next year.


6 comments:

  1. Roll up little messages. maybe a scripture, a story, a craft to do, (example make gingerbread house)go to an event, (ward party, christmas tree lighting) etc. It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Sweet Deal on the advent calendar! High five!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I want the dog toothpaste thingy. Where'd you get it????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santa told me his supplier of the dog paste thingy was Winco.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the advent calendar and I love Terra's ideas. I need one, too!

    ReplyDelete