Exactly 22 years ago tonight, Glen and I met while playing Bunco at a Las Vegas 62nd Singles ward activity. We started dating at the end of March, had our first kiss July 20th, started seeing only each other in August, got engaged September 20th, and married on January 21, 1989.
21 years ago on this date Glen started the tradition of giving me a red silk rose for every year we had know each other. So, following tradition, he gave me 22 red silk roses this morning. This is 2010's installment:
Now, sometimes I feel that Glen is pretty lucky. At other times I wonder what he did that was so bad that he deserved to get stuck with me. And at other times, most of the time, I feel we are both lucky (blessed is a better word, actually). Typical marriage, I'm supposing. But on the whole it's been truly wonderful. Happy Anniversary Glen! Thanks for marrying me.
how sweet!
ReplyDeletePaul does the same for me, except the roses are real!! I love it!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! (He's a keeper!)
ReplyDelete:)