Monday, Glen, Rusty, and Hannah put in our new swamp cooler. Just in time for the high temps we "enjoyed" this week. So grateful we don't have to suffer. I don't know how pre-air-conditioned society survived.
Monday was also Memorial Day, and it found Glen, Alex, and me at the cemetery. Mainly we visited Adam, but we did also visit some other graves that belong to the Perazzo clan.
 |
| Love the pineapple addition along with the lighthouse |
My back is getting much better, but it limited my activities this week, so I started my scrap booking and photos projects. And now that I've started, I'm going to keep going. I was a bit behind, so this past week I put in all the pictures from 2013. I still have to journal in it though. I'm hoping to put in all of 2014's pictures this next week.
 |
| one of my photos projects |
Besides hooking up the swamp cooler, Glen's good deeds for the week included working on the yard and in the garden.
Friday night we were given free tickets to go see the Reno Aces play the Las Vegas 51s. Glen and I made a day of it and went up early. We visited the Discovery Museum for the first time. Hannah recommended it. My favorite room was the DaVinci room, which had a bunch of puzzles to try and solve.
Our evening with the Aces was sponsored by the Northern Nevada Dairymen Association, so Cowabunga (aka Daniel) got to throw out one of the first pitches. Luckily for him, he got to watch the game as Daniel and not Cowabunga as it was very hot.
We had a blast. Alan took the scouts, so Alex actually went with Alan and the other boys. Glen and I went up early and took in the Discovery Museum, which wasn't too far from the ballpark. Hannah and Rusty came when she was done at work. The Aces won 9-0. There were several home runs and just a lot of action.
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa visiting with Cowabunga before the game started |
 |
| Especially considering he couldn't really see, he did a great job with his pitch |
 |
| It was Star Wars night, which meant a storm trooper, under Vader's supervision, also pitched |
 |
| fun at the score board...each player had his photo merged with a Star Wars character |
 |
| We got to hold Miles for a bit! |
 |
| David, Grandpa, and Grandma |
 |
| For the 7th inning stretch, this giant baseball looks over the field |
Andrew and Heather sent us some photos!
 |
| love those smiles |
 |
| I think Andrew needs a longer stick for his marshmallow if he's going to get it cooked |
 |
| I guess Henry decided to nap during his mom's game |
 |
| Heather is playing intramural soccer this summer |
No comments:
Post a Comment