Glen's co-teacher for his inclusion world history classes starts counting down the days till school starts again...even before school lets out. I think that's pretty funny. I think it freaks Glen out. It does make us feel like summer is already slipping away.... Anyway, Alex has 80 days before he starts school again in August (they pushed back the start day from the 15th to the 17th). Glen has 75 days before he has to report back on the 12th. Sounds like a lot and like not enough at the same time.
Friday night was graduation. For Alex that meant staying up all night and playing games with his cousins. That tradition started a few years ago and seems to be a highlight in Alex's life. He got to bed at 9:40 am on Saturday. When he got up just after 6 pm I had to tease him a bit (not my normal pattern) and tell him that he had a few hours before we left for church. He was a bit confused and we had to tell him several times what the date and time was before he wasn't confused anymore.
Besides taking a well-deserved long nap, Glen spent a lot of Saturday getting our garden plot ready to plant our vegetable plants. He also had to go and buy a new swamp cooler since he declared ours not worth trying to save. We're trying a window version instead of a roof-top one this time. Hopefully he gets the new one up and running tomorrow morning as it's supposed to be a week of high temps.
I spent a lot of Saturday (and Friday) alternating heat and cold packs on my back. I'm not off to the productive start of summer that I would have liked, but hopefully I'll be better in a few days.
I've started prepping for next year's seminary class already. I have a great book that lines up the 4 gospels and also gives the Joseph Smith translation of the New Testament. I bought it used ($1.49 + $4.00 s&h is all) and it has really great handwritten notes in it from the student who used it at BYU. Score! I really like it. I'm wondering if you already own it Denise.
Ryan has been playing around with a little generator and lighting up light bulbs with it. :) He also needs a new computer. :(
Henry is walking and has several teeth now. :)
And that about wraps it up for this week. :)



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete