I finished my scrap booking project. Three years all caught up. Not the most beautiful, but the pictures are in and labeled with the dates and names. Good enough.
Tuesday was our special seminary training meeting. The new Doctrinal Mastery program is going to be so great. Anyway, one of the talks that was recommended for us is just a fabulous talk. It's the devotional Sheri Dew gave at BYU-Idaho on May 17, 2016 entitled "Will You Engage in the Wrestle?" Check it out:
http://www.byui.edu/devotionals/sheri-dew
Wednesday was a great day because I got to attend a picnic to celebrate one of my friend's birthdays. The food was delicious and the company the best. Then we went to the museum to work on this month's quilt block, only I worked on the one from January--the barn. Can't wait for next month's--a chicken!
Friday night was a get-together of my "Intervention" group because a friend who had moved away came back for a visit. What a wonderful thing to have friends--they are food for the soul. The physical food was pretty good, too.
Father's Day was fun. Hannah, Alex, and I all had projects in the kitchen. Made for a mess and lots of yummy things. Hannah is becoming quite the handyman. Her gift to Glen for Father's Day was a new shower head (with various settings and a pause switch). She installed it Saturday night when Glen wasn't home, so he had his surprise when he went to take his shower Sunday morning. Good job, Hannah.
Trying to get a good photo was a difficult task yesterday. I love the series I wound up taking. By the way, his gift was the new book "There's a Message in There Somewhere: A Collection of Stories, Thoughts and Essays from the L.D.S. Blogger Known as 'Middleaged Mormon Man'" by Bradley McBride.
And today is the first day of summer. Had to go for a walk first thing, of course. Gorgeous morning.


No comments:
Post a Comment