Sunday, June 26, 2016

YW camp

So, for the 4th year in a row, Glen went to Young Women's camp, which is held at Buck's Lake near Quincy, California. And I got to stay home. It's a good arrangement. Glen is a bigger help at camp than I could ever be and I get to sleep in my own bed. Works for me, though I wish I could be at camp for some of the things...just not the sleeping part. He had a great time, as always, and came home with lots of goodies. Those goodies include M&Ms, sparkle lip gloss (sparkle which stands for Scriptures-Prayer-Attitude-Respect-Knowledge-Love-Eternity), and his craft project. He kept the M&Ms for himself, but gave me the lip gloss.

Glen's craft project. The year's theme was Look Up. Press On.
Glen went on the 3rd year girls' hike up to Chuck's Rock.
Buck's Lake--a view from the hike
Friday evening, after he came home, we watched a Netflix movie together: "Once I Was a Beehive." It's about a girl who goes to Young Women's camp for the first time and she's not a member of the church. Glen laughed harder than I did as he knew just what they were talking about. I highly recommend the movie, by the way. A bit of a tear-jerker but full of laughs, too.

Alex and I had a nice quiet week while Glen was gone. We played a game of his choosing each day. I won the Scrabble game but lost the 3 "7 Wonders Duel" games that we played. I taught Glen how to play 7 Wonders Duel on Saturday thinking I'd finally win a game...nope, Glen won. Oh, well. It was fun anyway.
not sure what Alex was doing--this showed up on my kindle photos...
In addition to playing games this week, I got some much needed weeding done--a little every morning while it was cool, of course. My back and thighs still feel it, but the yard and garden are looking better.

I caught 2 mice in the traps Glen had set (I'll spare you the picture I took of them)...and then I spent the rest of the week feeding peanut butter to the mice as they just kept licking it off the traps. I apparently didn't do a good job resetting the traps. :(

Besides playing games and trying to trap mice, I read a lot (mystery fiction--"Lord of the Wings" by Donna Andrews and religious non-fiction--"The Infinite Atonement" by Tad R. McCallister, which I highly recommend). I also went to the temple and did my big monthly grocery shopping trip to WinCo.

I also played with blending different colors of nail polish--that was fun
Yep, a good but kind of nondescript week for me. I love summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment