Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ryan's ordination (today's 3rd post)

So much has been happening the last 1 1/2 weeks.

Yesterday before the funeral, Michael had conferred upon him the Melchizedek priesthood and was ordained to the office of an elder. After the ordination I was talking to my brother-in-law Matt and one thought led to another and I realized that I wanted Ryan to be ordained while Andrew was still here. It really is convenient having a brother-in-law in the Stake Presidency and there on site. We had it moving forward before Glen even knew about it (since he was in another room practicing his talk for the funeral).

So, today right after Sacrament Meeting, Ryan had the higher priesthood conferred upon him and was ordained to the office of an elder.

I had originally thought it would happen next Sunday, on Father's Day. Four years ago on Father's Day, Adam was ordained, and then stood in while Andrew was ordained. Today Michael got to stand in at Ryan's ordination. It really is kind of nice.

So, amidst the sad things are some really happy ones.

Waiting for everyone to arrive:
Andrew, Carey and Emily, and Megan

Michael, Jason, Travis, and Pat

Mindy, Madison, Bradley, and Hannah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment