Sunday, June 10, 2012

Article and news story about golfer Scott Smith and Adam (1st post for today)

Scott Smith, who just qualified to play in the US Open, knew Adam (congratulations to Scott on qualifying!). There are 2 nice pieces about this. There is an article in the Lahontan Valley News on Friday June 8th and the second link is to the story News Channel 8 did on Scott. The last link is to Adam's obituary.

You might need a subscription to LVN to see this particular story (or it lets you view it once, then won't let you look a second time without a subscription because I saw it and then it wouldn't let me see it again)
http://www.lahontanvalleynews.com/article/20120608/SPORTS/120609907
(Adam graduated in 2008 and Scott in 2006)

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/Pack_Golfer_Smith_Readies_for_US_Open_157643315.html

http://www.lahontanvalleynews.com/article/20120605/NEWS/120609960/1055&ParentProfile=1045

His obituary:
http://www.lahontanvalleynews.com/article/20120607/NEWS/120609916/1033&parentprofile=

Besides sending flowers to Adam's viewing in Provo (in the shape of the "Y") and a flower arrangement to his funeral in Fallon, BYU flew the flag at half-staff in his honor.
Photo
The flag was flown half-staff for Adam at BYU-Provo
Photo
The plaque that went with the flag

I shed a lot of tears yesterday and the day before. Last weekend I shed tears and I felt sad, but I was thinking more of Jackie, Nancy, Della, and Andrew. Friday I think I started feeling sad for me as well. Adam and Andrew did so much together that I have a special place in my heart for him and I was feeling my loss more. Our hearts are heavy but our hope is in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment