Had friends over last night as it was my turn to host "Intervention." As always, I had a wonderful time. Thought maybe I'd share links to some of the recipes I used for last night's treats.
Brazilian Lemonade does not use lemons, but limes. It needs to be used immediately as I am told it gets bitter if it sits too long.
Mock Chili Rellenos for the crock pot was also on the menu. Next time I would add more chilis as it seemed to be the weakest flavor of all...or perhaps I shouldn't have thrown out the seeds.
Then there's Jennifer's favorites: Frosting Truffles
Aunt Trina's Pumpkin Bread/Muffin Recipe This recipe came from 100daystoChristmas, a website countdown that gets you prepared for the holidays. The muffins are very moist. By the way, when the recipe calls for 1 can of pumpkin, they mean 1 small (15 oz) can.
I also served toffee using a recipe I've had for years...and I can't find it online, so I'll have to type it here.
TOFFEE
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter 1 cup brown sugar
1 cup pecans, chopped 1 cup chocolate chips
Bring the butter and brown sugar to a boil over medium heat and boil for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Pour over 1 cup of chopped pecans that have been sprinkled into the bottom of a buttered 9 x 9 glass pan. Then sprinkle the top with 1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate to semi-sweet) and let melt for a few minutes. Spread melted chocolate evenly over the top and place in the fridge until the chocolate loses its glossy appearance. Let come to room temperature and break into irregular shaped pieces.
I also served a layered dip, but I can't find the recipe online. Since it's from a cookbook and I don't want to break any copywrite laws (can anyone fill me in on that???), I will just give the general instructions.
LAYERED ARTICHOKE DIP has alternating layers of a cream cheese and ranch dip packet mix and an artichoke and roasted red pepper mix. Serve with crackers.
I also served the old stand-by of fruit and dip.
FRUIT DIP
Mix 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese with 1 cup of packed brown sugar until the sugar dissolves. Serve with fruit (apples, bananas, grapes...) .
So sad I missed it, not only for the food, but the great friends.
ReplyDeleteWe missed you, too.
ReplyDelete