Saturday, November 7, 2009

sigh of relief

My sigh of relief is actually 3 sighs...

Thursday was our Primary Sacrament Meeting Program practice. Now that that's over with it feels like the work is done. Tomorrow we just get to enjoy the children singing and giving their parts (of course our pianist and chorister aren't ready to breathe a sigh relief yet, but I am).

Then on Friday I bought a new fridge and Glen brought it home and it is in place and in use. No more frozen milk or half-thawed things in the freezer.

Then this morning I went to Reno bright and early, took my "Nevada School Law" test and was able to only be 15 minutes late to my 10 am Stake Auxiliary Training Meeting at church (I thought I was going to miss the meeting all together). They let us start the test as soon as we were seated, so I was done before the 9 am "start" time. It was a great blessing, because I had really felt bad about missing my stake meeting. Now, if I can just manage to not have caught whatever germ was making the lady right next to me hack and sniffle through the test, I'll be really happy.

The funny thing was, I bumped into my sister-in-law at the test...we didn't know the other was taking the test. I feel pretty good about the test. I seemed to know a lot of the answers...of course there were also a couple that when I read the question I was happy because I knew the case and thought I wouldn't have a problem answering the question...and then when I read my choices, none of them fit what I knew about the law or lawsuit in question. Won't have the results for a few weeks.

Which brings up my Praxis test. I took it over 2 months ago and still haven't received my results, but when I went on the Nevada Teachers' Licensure site, it lists my Praxis provisional as being taken care of in September, so I must have passed!

If I passed this test this morning, all the provisionals on my subbing license have been taken care of and I won't have to worry about any of that again. That'll be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment