So, Glen and I spent some time in Oregon with my mom. The project that turned out to be the biggest one wasn't even on the original list of things to be done--tearing down old dark brown paneling and putting up sheets of mahogany paneling for a wall in mom's bedroom.
I didn't get a real before picture, with both pieces of old paneling still up, but I did get a photo with one down and one still up (that I posted last week and will repost today).
Besides projects (like sewing and cleaning out dad's workshop aka "the dungeon"), Glen also played games with mom and me. The games being Yahtzee, Big Money, chicken foot dominoes, Play Nine, and the card game 3 to 13. Mom and I won all but one game of Yahtzee. It was not Glen's week for winning games, but I think he still had a great time anyway (losers and winners get chocolate at mom's).
One roll in Yahtzee was so freaky that I took a photo. I had whispered into the cup that I needed 3 fives...and proceeded to roll 3 fives. (then I looked around and asked dad if he were there)
 |
| one panel still up on the left and the right one gone |
 |
| both gone |
 |
| going to use the table as a sawhorse (it was raining outside) |
 |
| opened up the table as if putting in the leaf...and then sawed down the middle! |
 |
| scraping some old glue from off the wall |
 |
| putting up the 2nd sheet |
 |
| putting up the 3rd sheet |
 |
| Done! Notice the ceramic cat--it had been Aunt Margaret's. Mom loves it. |
 |
| my 3 fives |
 |
| Glen sewing some more masks |
 |
| the dungeon after a little cleaning up |
 |
| the dungeon after Glen was done |
 |
| Glen had to touch the ocean just once while we were there |
 |
| Glen's comment: We could film a "Twilight" special here |
 |
| had my first pottery class of the semester on Friday and got busy |
We are mostly done cleaning out Uncle Jim and Aunt Margaret's house and are having an Estate Sale this Friday and Saturday, March 19th and 20th starting at 9 am. Hope the weather cooperates!
Come and see if you are nearby...especially if you are interested in Christmas ornaments and decorations. Aunt Margaret had a tree for every room in her house and has some wonderful Christmas items.
No comments:
Post a Comment