Sunday, March 7, 2021

no snow but rain...and new calling

First off, it's my brother's birthday today. Happy Birthday Scott!

So, we haven't had any new snow, but it has rained several times (kind of "Camelot" style...at night while we were sleeping).

And Glen was called to be the 2nd counselor in the Elders Quorum Presidency! He will be great...and it's great having a calling that will have me working with Glen sometimes.

Glen did some art projects while subbing in a special needs classroom at the middle school recently. Like a good wife, I've hung up (or allowed him to hang up) his art work for all to see. Pretty, pretty!

"stained glass"


He's also been sewing Star Wars masks to get ready for the 9 movie run of Star Wars at the old movie theatre in March (every Thursday and Saturday they show a new episode--this Thursday the 11th is episode III).


Our bed is now covered by a quilt made by Aunt Margaret. It's gorgeous and I feel so blessed to have it. She was such an excellent quilter! Now I just need pillows that match the quilt...

Our second COVID vaccine shot was delayed by the bad weather for a week, but Glen and I were able to get our second shot and Eric got his first (as a worker in agriculture he was on the list). 

And Glen and I are in rainy Brookings visiting my mom. It's wonderful to be here. We've been playing games and Glen's tackled several projects for my mom-- including ripping paneling off her bedroom wall (that she's been wanting to happen for many years).

Can't believe it's March and almost spring. Looking forward to March Madness! 

3 comments:

  1. Is the picture above her bed embroidered?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jennifer. It was made by my grandmother (her mother-in-law) and my dad left it to me in his will, but for now it's staying with my mom.

      Delete