Okay, mainly it's just one main project broken up into sections--getting ready for an Estate sale at Aunt Margaret's and Uncle Jim's...and then holding it.
It's really a strange thing to go through that process-- it was sad and brought feelings of nostalgia, but it was actually also quite nice--after almost a year of a lot of isolation, some of us got to spend time together and it was good to be in UJ and AM's house.
All in all, the Estate sale went well...a bit cold and a bit windy (okay, sometimes very windy), but it only rained a little with a few snow flakes at the end of Friday's sale and while we were setting up on Saturday. Camelot-style weather again.
As far as snow goes, we've reached the time of year where every time there are flurries I have to make sure I touch the snow-- just in case it's the last snow of the season. So driving home from Oregon it snowed south of Susanville, so I had to stick my hand out the window and get some flakes on my hand, just in case it was my last chance till next winter.
But then it snowed around Fernley, so I had to stick my hand out the window again...just in case. And then again at the estate sale, I got the chance to touch the snow. Maybe that really was the last chance this season...
We were so busy at the sale, that I don't have photos to show the lots of things...but I did snap this picture. It's the trailer loaded up with the Christmas ornaments and decorations that came from Uncle Jim and Aunt Margaret's garage getting ready to put out on the tables (remember they had 13 trees and some of their Christmas things were stored in the house and not the garage so they are not on the trailer).
Today, which is the 46th anniversary of my baptism into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, was also the day that Glen and I were set apart as Senior Service Missionaries for the Reno Temple!
We will be the laundry coordinators and work the Saturday morning shift (6 am- about noon), but until temple baptisms start up again, there isn't much laundry. We think/hope it won't be much longer until things open up more and we will be able to start serving there. Right now we are just waiting for our training to be scheduled.
Other news in the family--Andrew and Heather are going to be buying their first house! They are currently house hunting in Mesa. Very exciting!
In other exciting, if not as monumental, news, Ryan called and he and Angeles are coming to visit us in April in-between semesters! Looking forward to it!

No comments:
Post a Comment