And in other news, we had our first drawing for our family fitbit challenge. Each person was represented by one color die and we held a drawing for nominal cash prizes. Andrew had 4 dice since he had the highest number of average daily steps for the last 28 days, Ryan came in 2nd so had 3 dice, I was 3rd so I had 2 dice, and everyone else had 1 dice in the bag.
Alex drew my dice first, so I get the $5 (and I feel a bit guilty about that, but it was fair and square).
Alex drew his own die next. He gets the $3.
He drew Andrew's last. Andrew will get the $2.
Alex and I swear the drawing wasn't rigged.
The breakdown:
1st place: Andrew (blue dice) had 15,085 average steps/day over the last 28 days
2nd place: Ryan (orange) had 11,854
3rd place: I (purple) had 11,582
Rusty (yellow) was next with 9,597
Heather (pink) with 8,717
Eric (white) with 8,100
Alex (red)with 7,582
Glen (black) with 7,306
Hannah (green) with 1,372 (she forgot her fitbit in Fallon when she went to Reno)So, we will see if our rules change for the month of February, but good luck everyone on getting your steps in this month.
I've been working on family history again. The RootsTech Conference will be going on this week in Salt Lake from the 8th-11th. I'm excited to listen in to some of the lectures that will be streamed live. Go to RootsTech.org to check it out.
The special guests this year are:
The Property Brothers Drew and Jonathan Scott will speak Thursday at 7:30 am Nevada time.
LeVar Burton (of Roots fame) will be speaking Friday morning at 7:30.
Buddy "Cake Boss' Valastro, and CeCe Moore (from "Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates, Jr.") will speak Saturday morning at 7:30.
Pres. Russell M. Nelson and his wife Wendy are speaking at 12:00 noon on Saturday at the Family Discovery Day session.
Can't wait!
Live stream schedule can be found at https://www.rootstech.org/live-stream-schedule?__prclt=pJLj7SCr

No comments:
Post a Comment