Glen and Alex are at Scout Camp at Camp Fleischmann this week. Glen texts me every night to fill me on what they have been up to (there are lots of merit badges and some swimming happening). It sounds like they are having a great time.
As for me, I've mostly been playing this week (company came!) with just a little bit of work (I painted the front door--the color is called "Sweet Tea").
My sister Denise, our friend Martha that we've known since we were children in Massachusetts, and Martha's daughter Jamie came up from Vegas for a visit. Although it was super hot for their visit this week, it wasn't as hot as Vegas, so it was all good. We had a great couple of days together. Talking. Eating (way too much of that on my account). Playing games. Going to the movies (Star Trek Beyond--we loved it!). It was a very enjoyable few days. Wish they could have stayed longer. Hopefully we can do it again soon.
Our front door:
The tom turkey spent a little time hanging out by the window where the swamp cooler was allowing a cool breeze for him.
Before Glen went to scout camp, we used the "Vegetti" tool that Hannah gave Glen for Christmas to turn our zucchini into spaghetti. Here we have olive oil, butter, garlic, artichoke hearts and zucchini plus some parmesan cheese. It was so delicious that I made it again while company was here.
I love July. I've decided that I think it's my favorite month of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment