The wild turkeys are out and about. Alex (and others) saw 9 babies on the 4th. I've yet to see them. The daddy hangs out in our yard sometimes. Poops on our porch. Poops on Glen's car. Makes some weird noises (listen to the video clip to see what I mean--he doesn't gobble). Just as long as they don't eat our garden.
Now, Glen and I had been told that the St. Vincent's Thrift Store in Reno was a great place to buy cheap ties. Glen loves cheap ties, so after we went to the temple on Thursday we headed to downtown Reno to find the store. Turns out the bargain bin was full of flip flops and not ties this week. Glen got a pair for him and a pair for Alex. We bought clothes (including a few ties but they were $1.50 each and not 5¢) as well as some other random items.
I really like the picture frames and the mini-muffin pan I bought. But I would have to say that my best purchase was a Jim Shore item--a Nativity Storybook. I got it for $5 and guessed they might be about $30 new. Turns out it was even a better deal than that. They sell for $46 on Amazon. I'm really happy I found it.
Hannah went through a work evaluation recently. She would have had a perfect score, but 1 point was deducted. Seems her schooling gets in the way of her job because she is limited in the number of hours she can work, so she can't be a supervisor; therefore in the category of living up to her potential she only got a 4 instead of a 5. Way to go, Hannah!
And, of course, I saw more butterflies (a monarch this time) and flowers.
| Not too bad considering it was taken through a dirty window |
No comments:
Post a Comment