Block of the Month at the museum--
Our local museum started offering a "Block-of-the-Month" get-together. You bring your sack lunch, sit and visit, and then work on a quilt block that has been chosen for that month. This week I went for the first time. I've been meaning to get back into sewing for a few years now and this was a great way to start. I finished the piecing part of the block, but still have to embroider in the legs and eyes to my sheep. It wasn't too bad...I only had to pick out 2 seams while piecing.
Glen's Academy Awards--
Wednesday night was Glen's awards night for his theatre students. Besides handing out his "Glennies," he also honors his Seniors. The was also a little bit of entertainment as well. Good fun.
Seminary done for another year---
Thursday was the last day of seminary and we had the traditional breakfast to close out the year. I really love my students and will miss them. I'm already gearing up for next year, though. There are some big changes coming to seminary that I'm excited about. We will be teaching the New Testament like normal, but will also have actual lessons on the basic doctrines. The emphasis is on mastering the doctrine and not just memorizing the scripture mastery scriptures. It really looks amazing.
Glen's birthday--
Thursday was Glen's birthday, so he took his second "personal day" off from school and we drove to Reno. After a session in the temple, we ate authentic Mexican food (Anna's Mexican Grill on McCarran) which was delicious, went to thrift stores, and then did some grocery shopping. Later that night was the pizza party for the cast of Sound of Music. He didn't want cake, so we just stuck one candle into the ice cream and sang to him. I think he had a great birthday. Happy Birthday Glen!
School--
Alex got his schedule for next year and he got everything he wanted...and one thing he didn't. His classes are what he chose: Spanish 2, AP English, Video Productions II, honors Algebra II, World History, honors Chemistry, and AP Psychology.
What he didn't want was to have his father for World History, but that's who he has. It's not that he didn't want Glen, he just wanted the other teacher because he had heard that the other teacher was easier. But he'll have Glen during the inclusion class, so there is a 2nd teacher, Mr. Rinker, and I think he'll have a great learning experience.
Finals on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Last day is Friday. We are excited for summer vacation to begin!



No comments:
Post a Comment