The report from the first week in Rexburg is good. Sounds like Eric and Ryan are off to a great start. Eric was able to add another religion class, so he has 3 art classes and 2 religion classes. Ryan has a variety of classes: religion, English, physics and a lab, and calculus.
Andrew's school, The American Preparatory Academy, is currently having their "Winterim," which is a 3 week period in-between semesters where the choices of classes are fun--Andrew is co-teaching a game making class and also helping with a debate class. Heather is taking a multi-cultural education class this semester at BYU. "So... teaching students who have have a variety of background cultures, beliefs, traditions, and so forth." Sounds like fun. Henry, who will be 9 months old on Tuesday, is now crawling! He loves bananas and green beans. It's weird being a grandma. I just look at pictures of Henry and think "That's my boy!" Weird, huh?
Alex, who made straight A's his first semester at high school (which included 4 honors classes), has one change to his schedule this semester. He's done with his health class, so now is in PE. Congratulations Alex. Not to leave Ryan and Hannah out, they also made straight A's last semester. Way to go everyone!
So, weather.com said that there was 0% chance of precipitation in Fallon Thursday morning. Here is a photo of "0%." The strange thing is, while weather.com (The Weather Channel's website) gave 0% chance, The Weather Channel's app on a friend's phone gave us an 80% chance of snow that morning...
| about 5:30 am |
| yep, 0% precipitation |
I went for a walk later that morning. I love the quiet countryside with just the sound of my boots crunching in the snow, the birds chirping...and the sound of a distant chain saw that was presumably cutting firewood.
| our yard |
| Perazzo Ln. |
I had a breakthrough in my family history research this past week! I am preparing for my trip to Salt Lake this next week with Glen and his theatre students (I do my own thing during the day and join them for plays at night). I was doing some leg work so I will be able to make good use of my time in the family history library when I found the maiden name, Van Velsor, of my 3rd great-grandmother, Hannah (she is one of the reasons our Hannah is named Hannah). I just need to prove her relationship to the couple that I "know" are her parents and I will have a ton of new names for our pedigree chart. There is nothing like the thrill of finding something you've been searching for for years.
Have a great week, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment