Sunday, January 24, 2016

our 27th anniversary

Wednesday was the 28th anniversary of Glen and me meeting (we met at a church activity). Thursday was our 27th wedding anniversary (we married in the St. George Utah temple). In a way, that seems like a long time. But then I think of our parents, mine just celebrated their 59th anniversary in December and Glen's will be celebrating their 58th this April, and 27 doesn't seem like a lot any more.

Happy Anniversary Glen! Thanks for the flowers and the past 27 years!

It was a slow week for pictures and post-worthy news. 

I subbed for the high school's music and band teacher this week while he judged All-State auditions and I had a blast. I did a little leading, but mainly it was the students or the accompanists who took charge. 

I love listening to the bands rehearse. Besides their "regular" songs, they ran through their pep band songs that they have been/would be playing at the basketball games. Wish I had been in a pep band. The Minor Details choir is a joy to listen to. Wow. Great fun.

For family history I'm mainly adding cousins and adding sources to my database on familysearch.org. It's addicting when you fill in missing pieces of info. Love it.

Hannah has not found an apartment in Reno yet, so she will commute to Reno Monday through Thursdays. She has to leave here at 6:20 am, which isn't too bad as long as the weather is good and the roads are clear, and they are supposed to be that this week, so I'm off the hook for worrying--for now. She will still be working at the movie theater but now has shifts just on Fridays and Saturdays. She loves her job, so she is glad they were able to adjust her schedule to accommodate school.

Alex did a great job with his DNA molecule project. I forgot to take a photo at home, so I had to go to his science class to take one. Due to the lighting, it's not the best, but it's good enough, I guess. It's made of blue and green licorice, red and green gummy life savers, and red, yellow, green, and orange sour gummy worms. It is very colorful and delicious looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment