With 23 theatre students and 4 other adults along, Eric, Glen, and I spent the last few days in Provo. The conference was hosted by BYU and UVU. I didn't have to ride on the school bus all night long there and back as Glen and Eric did, but got a cushy ride in a car in the daylight. Not being on the bus and having some great conversation with some great women--Divine.
I spent much of the conference workshop time in my hotel room. First I was working on homework for the online health class I am taking (I made an 80% on our first quiz--Hannah made a 90% on hers--I will have to study harder next time). Then I worked on lesson plans for the health classes I'm teaching. Then I worked on lesson plans for the In My World class I'm teaching. It felt so good to work on those things and get some things lined up for the rest of the semester. I still have a lot of work to do, but I feel so much more ready and less stressed about the semester.
I did attend 2 plays with everyone: The Wizard of Oz and The Mystery of Edwin Drood (which turned out to be a musical comedy). Everyone had such amazing voices.
And Andrew helped to make my sandwich one day when I went to his Subway on 9th East for lunch.
We spent a little bit of time in BYU's Museum of Art. Look what I bought at the gift shop:
I still hadn't spent the money my mom gave me for Christmas, so I used some of it to buy a Scrabble stamp set. What a riot. Thanks Mom!And while at BYU I got to see Andrew, Heather, Sarah, and Becky. When the conference was over and everyone else was heading back to Fallon on the bus, I was in Sarah and Becky's apartment with Andrew and Heather getting creamed playing the games Tzolk'in and 7 Wonders. Good times.
| (Sarah insisted on making a funny face, so don't think I'm mean for posting this here) |
| (Dr. Phil: YOU'RE FAT Don't try and sugar coat it because you'll eat that too) |
Wow, you have your own personal decorator! good job Hannah
ReplyDeleteWow, you have your own personal decorator! good job Hannah
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! Maybe I could have her come stay at my place while I'm out of town?! :)
ReplyDelete