Monday, February 27, 2012

very busy week

I only have 1 photo for this week...which somehow makes it feel that the week almost isn't worth blogging about. But, it was a good and busy week.

Ryan, Michael, Jason, Eric, Elder Chamberlain, Travis, and Hannah
Above is a photo from Sunday the 19th. It was Elder Chamberlain's last day in the mission field, so he came over for picture taking. On a side note...I took about 6 photos and apparently Eric doesn't know how to keep his eyes open, so this was the best I could get. Sorry Eric. I hope Elder Chamberlain got better photos.

We went to Reno on Monday and Hannah got braces. Her mouth has been very sore all week. We went dress/skirt shopping afterward for Hannah...came home with jeans and tops. :P Her first bracket came unglued Monday night. Luckily we don't have to travel to Reno to have it fixed--we just have to wait a few  weeks for the orthodontist to come to Fallon. By the way, Dr. Little has the best staff. I really love them all.

Anyway, I went to the Relief Society meeting this week where we had a great demo and a hands-on session of card making. Tuesday and Wednesday I subbed at the Junior High. In my almost 5 years of subbing, I have never encountered such a group of talkers. But, they were good kids (mostly). But I went through a lot of cough drops trying to keep my throat from hurting.

Thursday I drove to Twin Falls, Idaho for "Intervention" that night at Heidi's house. Terra drove with me, though I returned home on Friday alone since Terra and the others (Jennifer, DonNell, and Cherilee) were continuing on to Rexburg for the swing dancing competition. Heidi took us out to dinner and we stayed up late talking. It all ended too soon, but it was great while it lasted.

Since I was in Idaho, I missed the New Beginnings program on Thursday at church for Hannah and the other Young Women. :(

Glen and his NHS kids had a dodgeball tournament on Friday night. Ryan's team came in second. Travis, Jason, and Eric were also on his team. Way to go.

Saturday was a full day for all. I volunteered at Bountiful Baskets first thing in the morning. I really love the basic baskets (50% fruits and 50% vegetables), though I don't know that I'm as happy with the extra vegetable packs you can order. I hear the bread is wonderful, so I might try that next time.

Glen and Alex drove up to Carroll summit for the Klondike Derby, where the boy scouts camp in the snow. They had all sorts of stations. Glen was in charge of the signal mirror station. Alex gave the experience 2 thumbs up (but of course he didn't have to sleep there).

A little later in the morning, Eric, Ryan, Hannah, and I were picking up trash at the dump for a Grad Night fund raiser. There was a lot of plastic stuck in the thorny bushes. But we survived. And though there was still trash to be picked up, it looked so much better. The dump pays groups to come do this because the EPA levies hefty fines if the trash is blown out of the basic area and into the desert.

I then dropped the kids off to be part of the Holt's moving crew. They will still be close, but not in our church ward anymore. :(

After Glen and Alex came home, we went to clean the church because it was our turn to help. The Oldfields were there too. It didn't take too long.

Saturday night was topped of with me keeping my feet up, and Glen and the teenagers going to the church dance.

Sunday I lost Nicole as my counselor in the Primary and gained Christy. I am so excited to have Christy, but that doesn't lessen the sadness of losing Nicole. What a fabulous example and inspiration she and Rayanne (my other counselor) have been to me. I don't know what I'd do without good counselors.

During the week were also the usuals: swim practice, play practice, piano (though not as much practice in that area as I would like), school, and for me and Glen time for genealogy. Glen continues to work on his recent break through of John Felter Smith.

I continue to hunt down missing ancestors. I found 2 great-great Uncles that were unknown (by me, at any rate) up till now...I'm guessing they were born and died in-between census years, so until the their Ohio birth records were put online, I didn't know about them. Now I need to see if I can find their death records. I like finding missing children. I like "gathering" families. I also found problems...like was Nellie really 55 when she had Antone? It's possible. Sigh. It is such a blessing to have so many genealogical records available online.

No comments:

Post a Comment