Wednesday, February 8, 2012

dress up days at the high school and a cover contest

It's dress up week at the high school. Yesterday it was cartoon hero day. Hannah the red head went as a cartoon red head: Blossom of the Powerpuff Girls:



Blossom:



It was quite the ordeal...Hannah altered a white skirt and then we dyed it using food coloring and vinegar. I thought she did a great job.

Today's dress-up theme dealt with villians. What red-headed villians do you know? Syndrome from the Incredibles was the villian of choice:

Hannah before putting on her mask
It's amazing what a little clear gelatin in hot water will do when you apply it to your hair.

Tomorrow's theme is comic book heroes. She has her chosen red head. I hope to get a picture tomorrow of Hannah as Mary Jane (Spiderman's girlfriend). It will be less dramatic without jello in her hair, but still will be fun.

And in other fun news, do you remember me posting almost 3 years ago about my roommate, Laura, from my sophomore year at BYU? How her children were in a singing competition on CBS? (click here for the post and the link to the song) Well, they (The Lorentzens) just won a Perez Hilton "Can You Sing" Cover Contest with the following video of them singing the Jason Mraz song "I Won't Give Up." They really did a fantastic job:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yda2j6hWBjU&feature=share


Perez Hilton's blog announcing the winners:
http://perezhilton.com/2012-02-02-perez-hilton-can-you-sing-cover-competition-jason-mraz-i-wont-give-up-winners

Pretty neat, huh?

2 comments:

  1. your red head of choice is so darn adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Hannah at school when she was dressed up as Syndrome. Her hair was truly awesome! I will remember the gelatin thing next time I need my hair to stand on end. It worked perfectly!

    ReplyDelete