Chores:
I have tried a few methods over the years of getting the kids to do their part. A few months ago I tried giving each child one of the 5
FlyLady chores for the week, and I took the 5th chore. That worked for about 2 weeks. I decided that part of the problem was that the chores were constantly changing and it made it harder to accomplish since just about everything needed an explanation of how I wanted it done.
We are now back to a simple 4 job rotation: sweep and dust living areas, sweep and mop (using our new steam shark) dining room and kitchen, vacuuming (with our new Bissell vacuum) the office and hallway, and cleaning the back bathroom. This is week 3, but it's working...maybe mainly just because I'm not planning on giving up and giving in this time. I spent too much time in December and January cleaning and organizing to let the house fall to pot again.
 |
| Alex and the Shark |
Valentine's:
Glen and I usually don't give gifts or do anything special for our anniversary or for Valentine's day, though the last few years we have been going out to eat for our anniversary. We certainly don't do flowers and gifts. So, in the picture below, can you figure out what Glen did for me for Valentine's Day this year? He cleaned off his side of the dresser (and cleaned off his nightstand) and is planning on keeping it cleaned off. I LOVE it. I'm so excited not to see a pile of papers first thing when I enter my room. Best gift ever. Thanks Hon.
Snow:
We had our first "big" snow early Wednesday morning. It's only the 3rd time snow has stuck this winter and the other 2 times there was still plenty of grass showing through. Of course, this big snow was mostly gone in less than 24 hours. But it was still nice and we are grateful for the blessing of the moisture in our area.
 |
| I wasn't in time to get a photo of Eric face-first in the snow, but he made a snow angel |
President's Day 5K Run:
Hannah had signed up to run in today's President's Day 5K run/walk weeks ago. This morning it was decided that Ryan and Alex would join her--decided after they should have already been there signing up. It was cold, but not terribly so. I think they had a good time.
 |
| Hannah and Alex stretching and getting ready |
 |
| Ryan ready for the competition with his man eating hat |
 |
| Ryan, Alex, and Hannah ready to run |
 |
| Looks like Ryan is having a good time |
 |
| Our friend and piano teacher Michelle |
 |
| Alex ran the whole 5K and didn't walk any of it |
 |
| Hannah and her friend Emma |
 |
| Nate, Tiffany, Hannah, Emma, Adam, and Ryan |
Projects:
Not too many postable projects this week as I spent a lot of my free time working on genealogy...continuing to follow up on the break-through I made last weekend (see
here if interested). But Glen did make
vegetarian burgers. I know Hannah loved them. I thought they were OK. I love cumin, but apparently not in my black bean and mushroom burgers. It was served on English muffins with sour cream and salsa.
My other project was to make my own body wash. I have dry skin and thought it was worth a try. I grated 1 bar of Dove soap and melted it into 2 cups of water. Looks like milk, doesn't it? When it cools, it thickens. I have to say it's OK, but I prefer Oil of Olay body wash.
 |
| finished product |
Stamping:
Last night was stamping at Michelle's. Always a highlight of my month. It was my turn to host the party and I wound up with $65 worth of freebies. I mostly ordered supplies like paper and ink pads, but I still can't wait to play with it all. The other 3 ladies used the Big Shot embossing/die cut machine with their projects. I made a Pull Up Treat Sleeve I found on the internet (
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/pull_treats/)
 |
| Becky's card |
 |
| Toni's card |
 |
| Michelle's card |
 |
| My pull up treat sleeve |
good week
I like reading your posts! How did you seal the bottom of your treat sleeve? (It looks machine made.)
ReplyDeleteThanks Jen. You tape or glue the end shut and then you put it in your crimper and roll it just for 1/2" or so.
ReplyDelete