The end is in sight.
Yes, folks, it is opening night of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" tonight, and when there's an opening night, there'll also be a closing night. I'm guessing they still have another 30-45 minutes to go before they are done. I sure hope it's going well. There will be 7 more shows after tonight. Hannah is in it as one of the brothers' wives. Glen designed and built the set. Ryan is a techie for the show.
You would not believe the tremendous amount of hours put in by all involved to put this show on. Mind boggling. Astounding. Incredible. Insane. Astronomical. I have hardly seen my husband or daughter. So, although I look forward to seeing the show next Friday night (and helping out back stage for the 4 performances on Saturdays...well, actually, I'm not looking forward to that...) I am mostly just looking forward to the show being over. A bit sad, isn't it? I'm sure the spouses of the other workers are also looking forward to next Saturday evening. Well, what I am looking forward to is perhaps seeing my family more and actually eating dinner together for a change. Can't wait.
However, Glen sounds like he'll be almost as busy afterwards with other projects. So I guess what it comes down to is that there is no such thing as an ending because it just turns into the beginning of something else.
I am grateful that my family has these opportunities to use and develop their talents, though. It really is awe-inspiring. Way cool.
So what else has been going on besides set-building and rehersals? Not house cleaning, that's for sure.
Ryan, Hannah, and Alex are progressing in their piano. Alex is really zooming along and it is such a joy to hear him. Hannah hasn't been home to practice. Ryan actually played the opening hymn, "Sweet Hour of Prayer," for priesthood this past Sunday. Apparently it didn't go as smoothly as he would have liked, but I'm just so dang thrilled he did it. He doesn't like "performing" like the other members of his family (excluding me of course as I don't like "being seen" either). He doesn't even like practicing when other members of the family are around to hear him. So, I'm very pleased he was willing to play in priesthood meeting.
Hannah wants to try out for basketball this next week. Really? My child? Glen's child? Who would have guessed? Not I. She doesn't think she'll make it, but she wants to try out anyway. I wish I had been like she is when I was in school.
There's a new club on campus, the Physics Club. Ryan is the captain. It doesn't mean anything...it's not like being the president, but he says everyone agrees he's the captain. Ooooookaaay. Now, having a child of mine want to be in the physics club would not have surprised me or probably anyone else, but a few years ago it would have surprised me to find out that the said child was Ryan. He's come a long way. He loves science. And math. Now I just can't wait to find out what a physics club actually does.
As for me, my lastest point of focus is honing my Spanish skills. Now, when am I going to have a chance to use them, other than when I talk to myself?
No comments:
Post a Comment