But, I did just win a major award! Do you want to see it? Here it is:
| (in case you can't tell...it's a bowl of beans with a spoon painted white) |
I adapted the recipe from a Chef Meg recipe from SparksPeople:
White Chicken Chili
1 T olive oil
2 lbs (32 oz) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, diced into 1-inch cubes
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, grated
1 t salt
1 t ground cumin
1/4-1/2 t chili powder (mine was closer to the 1/4 t measurement)
1/8 t cloves, ground
(1/8 t cayenne pepper--optional...and I opted out)
4 (15.5 oz cans) cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
1-14 oz can chicken stock, low sodium (less if you don't want it as sloppy)
2 (4 oz cans) green chilis
1-16 oz container light sour cream (or more)
DIRECTIONS
If using frozen chicken like I did:
Put oil and onion in pot and cooked for about 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth and frozen chicken breast and simmer until the chicken is done. Take chicken out, chop it up, and put it back in the pot. Add beans, garlic cloves, chilis, and spices. Stir and simmer for as long as you have. Add sour cream and heat through.
If using fresh or thawed chicken:
Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken and onion. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic cloves and spices, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Add beans and stock. Stir and simmer for 25 minutes. Add green chilis , continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Add sour cream and heat through before serving.
Alex went as Link from The Legend of Zelda. His elvish ears came out great, I thought:
Now, for those of you who saw Eric. Did you figure out who he was? When I dropped him off at WNC for his 4 pm class I didn't even realize he had brought a costume with him. When I picked him up, I wasn't sure at first it was Eric walking toward the car. Dressed in black, with his sunglasses, and a black bowler hat he was...
![]() |
| Bob Fossey |

Congratulations!!! That is a major award, 2nd ward has some serious cooks! I'm very impressed. Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to try it!
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to win a major award. Someday it will happen for me. I can feel it. The chili was yummy! Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your coveted bean award (and thanks for sharing the recipe--it looks yummy!)
ReplyDeleteToo bad I got there too late to try some!
ReplyDelete