Sunday, October 16, 2011

good week had by all

Well, since we haven't heard from Andrew, maybe he didn't have a good week, but I think the rest of us did (well, except for when I left Eric stranded because I had forgotten to call the CART bus for him...thanks Dad P for rescuing him and getting him to class on time!).

[Since posting the above, we have heard from Andrew. He, too, had  a good week.]

Starting from today and moving backwards:

Today was our Children's Sacrament Meeting Presentation. I think the children were amazing. Of course, I had one of the best seats in the house (next to the podium to prompt them when needed), but they sounded great. I kept tearing up during the songs. I was worried we hadn't practiced enough, but it went smoothly. Even the little ones who were too shy to participate added a sweet feeling to the program, in my opinion. Our music people, Jackie and Annalee, did a fabulous job preparing the children. And my counselors, Nicole and Rayanne, pulled it all together. I'm just really pleased (and not just pleased that it's over).

Yesterday was our Stake Temple Day. Glen was there all day, most of it in the baptistry as part of his calling in the Stake Young Men's. Hannah, Ryan, and Eric were able to be baptized for some names I had researched and were doing that while I was in an endowment session. I remembered to bring my camera, but am said to say, didn't actually get it out to take a photo of my children in front of the temple. We will go with one from my files:

Alex, Glen, Ryan, Eric, Jake, Zach, and Hannah April 2009

Friday was my Dad's birthday (happy birthday Dad!)...

I wasn't there for his birthday, so I'll post when we visited him this summer
 ...as well as Stamping Night at Michelle's. Our normally wonderful assortment of snacks turned out to be heavy on the treat/chocolate side this time around, but we didn't mind. (I made the chocolate dipped s'mores that's my new latest go-to recipe). We had a full group for the first time in a long time. It was great.

chocolate covered s'more on a stick

Tina's card




Becky's card



Toni's card



my card



Tami's card


Michelle's card



Then there were the normal activities: play practice, piano lessons, the Psych season premier (which I still haven't seen, but the kids did), sporting events (to watch, not to play), projects worked on, etc.

 And of course, Monday was Alex's 11th birthday (now I can't say I wasn't there for Alex's birthday like I said for my Dad's...I took pictures at his party, but not on his actual birthday, so I'm going to post a picture from our trip to Grandma and Grandpa's this summer).
Alex insisted I take a photo of him with this dead crab...oh, joy...

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see this post. Yes, GREAT program, love the temple pic, and happy bday to those 2 males that mean so very much to you!

    ReplyDelete