Sunday, October 9, 2011

Alex's birthday party and other happenings

Fun week at school for Ryan and Hannah as it was homecoming week with lots of extra activities. Didn't think to get photos of the kids dressed up for the different days. On Thursday, Ryan and Michael (and a few others) won The Clue competition. They guessed who done it, in which room, with which weapon. As it turns out, they didn't follow the clues, but totally guessed and were close enough to win. Silly boys.

Hannah was just "upgraded" to the role of Zebulon's wife in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat as two other girls had to back out. She has a lot to learn in these next few weeks. The musical goes on November 10-12th and 17-19th.

It's time for weather extremes in Nevada. We went from being 15º over the average (and record-breaking) to being 15º below average in a few days. I was at the Temple on Wednesday and it snowed on me while I was leaving. This next week is supposed to be really nice. Good. I still have tomatoes to deal with (and peppers and eggplant) from my garden.

I hosted "Intervention" Friday night. How wonderful it is to be able to gather with other woman and sit and talk (and eat). It's only been in the last few years that I've realized how much being around other women inspires and strengthens me. I used to think I didn't need social interactions. I've changed my mind on that. I'm really blessed to know some terrific women.

Funny thing this week. At church, we've been having to do a little bit of rearranging in the callings in Primary. Several of the changes we were looking at haven't worked out. The Bishopric member counseling with me said something like, "We don't want you to think that you haven't been receiving inspiration about these callings, because you have. It just hasn't worked out." Ha! I hadn't "doubted" my inspiration until he said that.But, I do know it'll all work out. It always does.

I picked up my repaired camera this week...just in time for Alex's birthday. He had his party on Saturday, but turns 11 on Monday.

Christian, Alex, Thomas, and Joseph
Ryan, Hannah, Thomas, and Ben surround Alex

Alex loves to have water balloon fights for his birthday...here he's chasing Christian
And bobbing for apples is another "must" on Alex's party list
Alex, Glen, and I played his new game--Sequence States and Capitols (Alex won)
 Happy Birthday Alex!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for hosting Beth! It was so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, Alex is 11! ('Can't wait to see Hannah in the play.)

    ReplyDelete