Wednesday, August 11, 2010

changes for Alex

Last Wednesday night I asked Glen if he thought we should switch Alex from Numa to EC Best and he said yes. Thursday I filled out the change-of-school request form. Saturday morning we got the call that said Alex is now at EC Best.

However, Friday night, I realized we hadn't mentioned this to Alex...well, it had come about so suddenly. He can stress a bit in new situations so I was a bit fearful. Sunday night we told him that there were a lot of changes going on in the school district right now and we thought it was a good time to change him. He was a little sad, but I have to say he took it better than I thought he would.

So, Monday I called EC Best to find out who's teaching 4th grade...there's been a lot of rearranging this summer. I was told Lisa Kent, Roxanne White, and Teresa Moon were the teachers...so I called around and heard Lisa Kent was wonderful and spent a lot of her own money on things for the classroom...like Neo keyboard computer thingys and the like. My nephews Michael and Adam had her and Michael said he really hope Alex would get Miss Kent. Michael said he knew the kids really liked Roxanne White, but didn't know what the adults thought. I was also told that Teresa Moon was excellent. So, I wasn't too worried, but I did hope we'd get Lisa Kent.

We were told the class lists would be posting on Wednesday (today). When I went to the school, Teresa Moon isn't a 4th grade teacher and Alex's name wasn't on any of the lists, so I went into the office. The secretary took my to see Patty Daum, the school counselor. She asked me to tell her about Alex. I said he was a GATE student and did very well at school and which point she jumped in and said Lisa Kent. I was thrilled.

I was taken down to Lisa Kent's classroom. She was supposed to be meeting with another parent right then, but the parent hadn't shown up (she always tries to meet with all the parents and students before school starts). Perfect. So she gave me her schpeel (sp?) and I think he will have a great year. I'm hoping some of his friends from Numa might wind up at EC Best...but I kind of doubt it. I do know a few of the parents of the kids in his class and am pleased with those I know. :)

Alex pointed out to us that he's the last Perazzo in elementary school (because his 2 other elementary school-aged cousins have a different last name). Glen pointed out we have a grand-niece who will be attending school in a few years...so when Alex is in 6th grade, Brinley should be starting kindergarten and the next round of Perazzos will hit the school. Smaller batch than this one, of course.

Looking forward to a good year.

4 comments:

  1. Beth
    Lisa is an amazing teacher, Emma had her for 4th grade. I hope Alex has a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to tell you that Theresa Moon is at Northside teaching Kindergarten. The lists were posted today for Lahontan, but I didn't go look because I already knew who the kids had. WRONG. So, now I am going to have to go double check with the school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad all is well and things are settled before you leave. Have a Great week learning, we will miss you at intervention.

    ReplyDelete