You know the Camelot song about how it never rains till after sundown...
Monday it rained...during class only.
Wednesday it rained. After lunch I headed out 5 minutes early to my next class...it was raining but the bad part was the wind was really blowing. It even bent my umbrella. But, by the time everyone else was out of their previous class (5 minutes), the wind had stopped and it was gently raining.
Thursday, once again, it rained. As I sat in a class (taught by Lynn Scoresby) I watched through the huge windows as the wind tore at the trees and the rain fell heavily for most of the class. By the time class was over, it was still raining, but once again the wind was gone. And, since I had 2 umbrellas in my trunk, I had exchanged my bent umbrella for a good one, so I was set (it's amazing how many people don't carry umbrellas...then again there was a bit of lightening and I kept picturing myself getting fried...).
As for dorm life, I got up to use the community bathroom at 2 am. There is a light directly across from our dorm door (one of the few that is left on all night), so I had covered my eyes with my hand to avoid that painful first contact of when eyes adjusted to dark see the light. I stepped on something in the hall.
There was an index card with 2 mini-$100,000 candy bars attached to it. Above the candy it read, "Hope your week was worth..." Cute. I go to the restroom and see a sign on the door that says "Merrill Hall Potty Party." It gives me a chuckle.
I go into the bathroom this morning and I head to the stalls which are on the right, and for some reason my head looks to the left. On the wall above the urinals (Merrill Hall is a guys' dorm during the school year) is a sign saying something about welcome to the party. Then underneath are 3 signs: cookies--plunge in--lemonade. It's then that I notice what is in the urinals. The first one has a plunger in the middle and is surrounded my those cheap, fake vanilla/chocolate oreo cookies. In the urinal next to it is a yellow liquid (which I believe was just yellow-colored water and not lemonade...or anything else...). Too much fun.
I would have loved to take a picture of it, but I left my camera at home so Glen could take a photo of the kids on their first day of school...I forgot to remind him, so don't know if that happened. But it does sound like the new year is off to a good start for the kids and for Glen (well, Eric doesn't start at the community college, yet).
Having a great time. I would say this is heaven, but my family's not here with me, so Camelot will do. Been to 33 classes so far and will probably go to 8 today (taking time off to maybe buy a pressure cooker and find some peaches).
Tomorrow will be a long day in the car, but it'll all be so worth it.
How fun! Did you go with anyone? Which class has been the best?
ReplyDeletesweetttt. Did you have fun?
ReplyDelete