It had been in the works for over a month and in my mind for a few months, and last Thursday it finally happened.
First thing Thursday morning (my sister's birthday), Andrew and I hoped into my car and drove to Vegas. When we reached the test site, we called my brother-in-law Pat. He took Deni to the store...and it didn't take them long enough, so they got back before we arrived! But that was OK as we arrived just after they did and Pat said if I entered, Denise would just think I was Pat coming in. He was right.
I entered and could see Denise at the table (25 feet? away) not paying any attention to me at all. I hopped through the kitchen and was right next to her before she turned to look at me. Her face was blank for a second, and then it registered. Wish I had Andrew taking pictures with my camera! She was very surprised and happy to have us there.
That night we went to see "Star Trek" at the theater and had ice cream cake. Loved both.
Friday morning, Deni, Pat, Andrew and I took in a session at the Las Vegas temple (pictured above). Then we spent the rest of the day and evening playing games: the Mexican train version of dominoes and "Out of Sight" by Mattel (you roll the dice to try and get certain numbers, but you need to yell "stop" before the hidden timer goes off) were games Deni got for her birthday. We also played "Blokus" and "Harry Potter Clue," which Andrew and I had brought with us. We had a wonderful time.
Saturday morning we played one more game of Clue and then we headed home. It was a short but very wonderful visit.
So, it looks like Deni had a wonderful birthday...we didn't give her a chance to be depressed!
What a great sister you are!!!!! Sounds like it was a fun trip.
ReplyDeleteIt was without a doubt the BEST birthday I've ever had. I will never forget how shocked, surprised and happy I was to look up and see you standing in my kitchen!! I love you dearly!! Thanks for this and for everything else you do for me. I learn so much from you and I treasure every moment and every conversation we have!
ReplyDelete