My sister's birthday is tomorrow. In my life I find I pay more attention to my last day of being an age than the first day of being an age.
So Deni, happy last day of being 49!
I'm feeling frustrated because I have some wonderful pictures of us growing up (such as Denise as baby New Year 1960--before I was born of course, Denise laying next to me in my crib, both of us in front of a Christmas tree covered in tinsel, both of us dressed in our tap dancing outfits, our graduation from BYU, and others) but our scanner isn't working and I can't get them on my blog!
The only picture I have taken of us with my digital camera is the one posted above. It was taken at Ed Week last August. It's not the best of me (but I feel that way about most pictures of me), but I think it's a pretty good one of Denise.
Next to my husband, Denise is my best friend. She is a wonderful, talented, loving person. I just wish we could see each other more often. Sadly, she can't attend Ed Week this year due to her work schedule, but we are hoping to get together during the summer and just enjoy some sister time together.
Some fun memories involving my sister:
playing "Indian Village" or "Lost in Space" with the neighborhood kids in Franklin (Doooctor Smiiiiiith, where aaaare yooou?)
as mentioned in a previous post...dancing around the house to "Zorba the Greek" and "The Little Nash Rambler" songs
catching fireflies while visiting Grandma and Grandpa Findley in Ohio
tap dance class ("Though April showers may come your way, they bring the flowers...)
making Christmas puzzles books for each other each Christmas
making radio programs with the tape recorder ("the blood is in my eye and it HURTS!")
Deni posted Osmond pictures over every square inch of our rather large bedroom (and me putting chapstick on a bunch of their lips)
me having to make sure I put the brush and comb parallel on the dresser so she didn't go beserk
listening to all her 8 track tapes
being roommates at BYU my junior year
driving cross county with Deni and Pat after Christmas 1982
a bunch of Ed Weeks
St. George and Tuacahn
Thanks for all the great memories, Deni. I love you tons.
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that's 50 exclamation points, in case you were wondering)
Happy Birthday to your sister -- but I thought I was your best friend ;)!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your sister -- but I thought I was your best friend!
ReplyDeleteYou brought tears to my eyes with all of these wonderful memories!! My childhood would not have been as joyful and happy without being able to grow up with you!! Not to mention what you mean to me now...
ReplyDeleteYou are the best!