Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A VACATION IS...

A VACATION IS...having nothing to do and all day to do it in. --Robert Orben.

We are in Brookings, Oregon this week visiting my parents. We started the day by going to the tide pool area at Harris Beach. When I get home I'll post some pictures. We've been watching movies, playing games, going to the beach, and just enjoying one another's company.

Today my mom and I went to some shops I visit everytime I'm here. At the rubber stamp store I bought a book of quotes dealing with summertime. Here are some of my favorites:

Summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful works in the English Language. --Henry James

REST is not idleness, and to lie on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time. --John Lubbock

There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; THE FUN IS having lots to do and NOT DOING IT. --Mary Wilson Little

To plant seeds and watch their renewal of life--this is thecommonest delight of the race, the most satisfactory thing a man can do. --Charles Dudley Warner

Just living is not enough...One must have SUNSHINE, FREEDOM, and a LITTLE FLOWER. --Hans Christian Andersen

If you never did, YOU SHOULD. Thses things are fun, & FUN IS GOOD. --Dr. Seuss

Imagination is as good as many voyages--and much cheaper. --George William Curtis

Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability. --Sam Keen

and last but not least:

If it's not fun, you're not doing it right. --Bob Basso

No comments:

Post a Comment