Sunday, June 28, 2009

"The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch

I've been listening to more books on tape and CD lately...maybe because I've been doing so much traveling. And since it takes about 15 minutes to get into town, anytime I go to town I can get at least 30 minutes in.

My latest book I listened to was "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. I highly recommend this book. Randy was a university teacher and his "last lecture" (really titled "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams") was given at Carnegie Mellon Unversity in Pennsylvania. It was given after he knew he was going to die from pancreatic cancer. He was my age. His lecture can be found on the internet (it's over 1 hour long). It's very funny and thought provoking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

Anyway, he also wrote a book, which covers a lot of the same stuff, but has even more good stuff...and I don't know what else to say besides it's really, really wonderful. I'm going to recommend it for my book club. It is so inspiring...he's amazing. So, check it out if you can. It's "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. Our local library has a copy...

3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to read that book for about 2 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I know they are looking for a book for September, so maybe they will choose "The Last Lecture." Let Deena know it gets your vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a GREAT book! It think it was probably one of the last books my mom read in this life. My copy is on her bookshelf, right-hand side when you walk in the door, if you want to borrow it, Terra!

    ReplyDelete