Sunday, November 16, 2008

youtube videos

Well, I did something new recently...I started surfing YouTube one day. I found a few videos with music that I loved and looked into the songs more. I've wound up with a string of open YouTube windows, and while I'm working on the computer I click one right after the other and can listen to some really beautiful songs.

There is one song I found that almost haunted me, so I figured out what it was and googled it...only to be surprised to find out that it was a heavy metal song from Metallica from 1992. I have never liked heavy metal, but this other group (Apocalyptica) has 4 cellists and though there's a part in the middle I don't enjoy as much, on the whole I think it's great. "Nothing Else Matters" and "River Flows in You" are now on my playlist.

"Nothing Else Matters" by Apocalyptica:

"River Flows in You" by Yurima

And here's the URL to a very funny clip Andrew sent us. It's called "Algorithm March"

I love beautiful music...wish I could play better.

1 comment: