Sunday, November 2, 2008

Getting Started

I think I'm nuts. Why would I want to add one more thing for me to do...especially when it involves more time sitting in the computer chair? But I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog...there are aspects of it that intrigue me, so here goes.

This morning I was feeling very negative about myself. It was very strange. I really felt that my life is a waste lately...I don't do anything important. Everything is just routine. I don't make any real contributions...I don't serve enough. I don't know how to explain those feelings.

I'm glad to say that I'm feeling much more positive now. I associate the improved mood with attending church. I guess the spirit there was enough to override my negative thoughts. I'm so grateful for that.

So, I'm feeling "lighter" and hope to have a good week.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that I am not the only one who has those negative, "blah" days! One of the things that I have found that really helps lift me out of that mood (besides going to church, which helps me, too), is just being "still" and trying to be very aware of everything around me. I let myself become aware of the feel of the book in my hand, or the comfy chair I'm in, or the feel of the steering wheel, if I'm driving. I know this sounds strange, but just BEING IN THE MOMENT, BEING AWARE THAT I AM ALIVE, and JUST APPRECIATING LIFE helps me to feel calm and peaceful and contented. I love President Monson's talk at conference a few weeks ago when he talked about finding joy in the moment. The older I get, the more I know how to do that, and I am very grateful because I am so much happier now!

    ReplyDelete