#1 Last winter/spring there was a Saturday where I was traveling in my car singing along to the CD of my favorite songs. I had an epiphany: I realized I was a terrible singer. I said to myself right then that singing wasn't one of my talents. I do sing alto in the ward choir, but at least I have plenty of other voices to cover mine up.
So what happened the day after I realize I'm a terrible singer?! I was asked by a friend to sing in a small group for a church meeting. I said yes because I don't believe in saying no to things like that, but I gave a warning that they might want to kick me out. They didn't. The audience survived. I survived.
A month or two ago I was approached to get this group back together to sing for another meeting. That meeting happened Saturday. Once again, all involved survived...and once again I was the weakest link. Oh, well.
#2 This past Saturday I commented to Glen that my eyes were getting so bad that it was now difficult for me to read without my glasses.
Now, I always bring my glasses with me to Church, but somehow I managed to forget them on Sunday. And the choir was singing (remember, I'm in the alto section). Then I was filling in as ward chorister. Then I was asked to fill in and play the piano in Primary during the Sunday School time slot (as the regular pianist was in the High Council room while one of his sons was being set apart as a member of our new Bishopric). I then had to teach the Young Women's lesson...oh, how I wish I hadn't forgotten my glasses (or that I didn't need them in the first place).
No comments:
Post a Comment