Well, this past weekend was the Jr High Musical "Shakespeare Comes to Calamity Creek" and my daughter had a part in it. When she was cast she told me she was cast as "girl, age 10" so I thought she was just part of the ensemble. Turns out she actually had several lines throughout the play and sang a song with 3 other girls (during which they each had a solo). She was wonderful, even if I do say so myself. Others shared my opinion.
It's just amazing to me that 4 of my 5 children (and my husband, of course) like being on stage. I don't know that I'd even want to be a part of the ensemble, much less have lines or sing a solo. Boggles my mind. Ryan is the only one of my children who takes after me in this. He had NO desire for the stage...well, for acting purposes anyway. He would want to perform his Rubik's cube solving talent in front of a large audience.
That's one of the fascinating parts of being a parent...the mix of personality traits that you discover in your children.
Anyway, Bravo Hannah!!! Oh, and thanks Hannah for helping me to get a playlist up!
I want to see Ryan's talent...maybe he'd perform for an audience of one?
ReplyDeleteW2G Hannah! That's one thing I really miss about Fallon is being so close to the community theater and knowing people who are involved. Just not the same in the big city!