Sunday, May 2, 2021

April's special days, serving in the temple

Seems I don't have any photos from April that would be worth putting on my blog, so here's just a brief run down of the month:

Final March Madness standings:

Brandon won. 
Kaellen tied for 9th.
Glen tied for 11th (and was 20th).
I was 15th (and 32rd).
Hannah was 33rd and her Battle of the Logos bracket came in 2nd to last at 37th place.
Always a blast.

Andrew turned 31 on the 2nd. Ryan and Angeles came for a visit on the 3rd and so they were here for Ryan's 27th birthday on the 6th. Henry turned 6 on the 12th. Andrew and Heather celebrated their 8th anniversary on the 25th.  Time flies.

Glen and I started our senior service mission this month. We have now worked 3 Saturday mornings doing the laundry at the temple. We start at 6:30 with a prayer meeting and work for 3 baptismal sessions. We've gotten done at variable times, but 12:00-12:30 might be about average. There's plenty of down time between loads, so we have time to study (scriptures, conference, and duolingo) and just relax and visit.

I am amazed at how much I love it. I didn't realize how much I missed the peaceful spirit in the temple, plus we work with such amazing people. 

Reno Temple 12 July 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment