I forgot to mention in my last post that in April we got new neighbors! Our nephew, Brent, moved in next door with his family, Alice and baby Hunter (who isn't really a baby anymore).
And our niece and her husband, Sarah and Luke, are now the proud parents of baby Miriam!
And then in May, Alicia and Dallin became the parents of twins, Samuel and Renee!
So happy for everyone!
So, our May happenings:
Glen's been busy with his gardening plans. And it was his birthday this month...but we neglected to take any photos. My sister Denise also celebrated her birthday this month. Happy Birthday to two of the most important people in my life!
 |
| tomato and squash plants |
Uncle Jim and Aunt Margaret's headstone was put in place. It was made to match my in-laws' stone, which is just above Jim and Margaret's. Looks great.
Had a church social at Alan and Debbie's. We almost had to cancel the party, but the rain stopped just when the party was starting, so it was all good. Glen, Eric, and Joseph were part of the entertainment and performed the skit "Foolish Questions" at the fire bowl.
 |
| May 21st Eric, Glen, and Joseph |
Eric's Young Single Adult group (run by Alan and Debbie) had a "Chopped" activity. Eric's group came to use our kitchen and their cupcakes placed first! Some items they had to use together: bacon, cake mix, ramen noodles, cream cheese, and mixed fruit. It was pretty tasty.
 |
| May 24th |
On Sunday the 23rd, I finally finished my Chinese course on Duolingo just 4 days before I hit my 3 1/2 years streak--which was when I first started learning Chinese. You earn a "golden owl" for completing a course. I still need a ton of review, especially of the most recent lessons, but it feels good...
 |
| My Golden Owl (Duo) at the end of the course |
 |
| May 27th (but I admit I used some "streak freezes" along the way...about 13?) |
For this semester's last pottery class, we had a raku firing and pot luck at the teacher's house. I did horsehair raku for the first time...you put horsehair on super hot pottery and it burns and makes black squiggles and lines. Cool technique. My skills are only so-so as I put too much hair together and it made black globs in a few areas instead of just cute squiggles, but I'm happy with my projects.
 |
| May 28th--everyone's pieces |
 |
| my glazed pieces |
 |
| my horsehair projects |
Some of our class members:
 |
| Candy, Wanda, teacher Jeanne, me, Diane, with Tammy in front |
And I helped Glen and Eric in the movie theatre's concession stand last night with the "rush" hour. ("The Pacifier" and "From Russia with Love" were being shown.). Glen makes the slide show that precedes the movie and he puts in things like this:
No comments:
Post a Comment