Sunday, November 8, 2020

crafting table, conchas, snow...

Glen and I see a lot more of each other now that he has retired. He still is very busy and has many projects going on. One of his projects was making this huge table (about 10' x 4') for me. It is awesome because there's plenty of room to lay out projects...and then they don't need to be cleaned up because dinner is ready. I'm still scanning my dad's slides. I did all the slides from Germany (about 170 of them)...I think there's almost 700 more slides to go.



A few of the photos that I like that Dad took in Germany (they look better as slides, though):




Last Sunday, Angeles made conchas in honor of El Dia de los Muertos. They are a dry, sweet bread, and they were delicious! On Monday, Ryan and Angeles drove to their new place in Rexburg. They have settled in and seem to really like their new home.

My ceramic piece that I worked on for a while finally was able to come home. The background color is darker than I expected/wanted, but I still really like it.

fired and ready for the glaze
glazed and ready for the 2nd firing
all done


Snowed last night--first of the season. Fallon recorded 0.5" and it only took an hour or two to melt, but that's okay. It was fun just having a little bit on the ground.



No comments:

Post a Comment