Alex and I met with his guidance counselor at school. His plan is now to graduate from high school one semester early (December 2018) instead of 1 year early (May 2018). He's hoping to leave on his mission soon after that. His schedule for next year, if it works out the way he wants, is brutal. AP Pre-calculus and AP Stats, AP Physics (a 2 credit class), AP US History, Honors English, and Video Productions III. He's still ranked #1 in his class, but we don't know how many other students he might share that position with. Keep up the good work, Alex!
Tuesday was Mardi Gras. In seminary we had cinnamon buns (the Pillsbury kind) with gold, purple, and green sugar on them. At home we had red beans and rice for dinner. I used my Instant Pot. Went from dried, unsoaked red beans to ready to cook them in my recipe in just under 1 hour. Neat.
Friday night, Glen and I went to the Elks' Hall in Reno to attend the Silver Beaver Awards dinner. His brother, Alan, was one of the recipients this year. Way to go, Alan! You deserve it for all your service to the scouts all these years.
I'm pretty booked the next 3 weeks, so I did spend some time making card this week. Here's one of the most recent cards.
No comments:
Post a Comment